The Subsea Wireless Group (SWiG) is an international oil and gas industry network that promotes interoperability for subsea wireless communications ( (radio frequency, acoustic, inductive, optical and hybrid).
The network was established in 2011 with the objectives of:
- Promote interoperability between users of subsea wireless communications
- To raise industry awareness and acceptance of subsea wireless communications
- Identify areas (within subsea wireless communications) where open standards need to be developed and develop them
- Encourage the integration of subsea wireless communication technologies
- Share best practices across the industry
- Promote knowledge transfer across the industry